Your Real Estate Professionals In Spain
Audifans.net: Audi Forums

www.audifans.net :: View topic - Now the colder weather is here.....!

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
View next topic
View previous topic
gragrauk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 12:14 am Reply with quote Back to top

AUDI A6 2.0 SE AUTO, ABK engine, N reg 1995
When I turn the heater to max manual heat at the climate control unit the air temperature that is coming out of the vents doesn't seem to be very hot at all. This is with the engine fully warmed up and the engine temp gauge showing approx 90 degrees.There isn't any coolant leaks anywhere.In auto mode it seems to be controlling temperatures but whether the temp displayed is the actual air temp I am not sure. Is there a cabin temp stat I could check out although I realize this wouldn't come into play in manual mode. Can the climate control unit be calibrated? Any advice would be appreciated.

Graham.

imsatim
Audi Nut

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 7:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy hi,graham we,ve had a run of a6,s lately with blocked heater matrix,s they usually have rust deposits in the header tank,a good blow out with compressed air usually does it,we,ve had 1 where the engine coolant was clean but the matrix was blocked solid..if you get stuck give me a ring on 0151 355 1246 we do a lot of airconditioned audi,s,repairs arent as daunting as they seem....tim cooper

gragrauk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 12:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the reply Tim.
You could be right on the blocked up matrix idea.What I have noticed is that if I turn the heater control to off I get coolant leaking from the engine end of a hose that runs from the dash area to the middle rear of the engine(if you understand).I think I may have to drain the system down.disconnect a few pipes and blow things through.Is it as simple as that or are there other things to consider w.r.t the air con system.Haynes manual doesn't seem to show or explain a lot.

Graham.

eddiecrawford
Got Nothing Better To Do

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 1:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

basically drain the coolant, and find the 2 hoses that go from the engine to the matrix. disconnect these 2 at the engine end (where u had a leak?) and see if you can blow through them etc. be careful with compressed air etc, as new matrix is a pisser...

heat side of things is seperate to cold side of climate control, so shouldnt interfere with a/c

View next topic
View previous topic