Your Real Estate Professionals In Spain
Audifans.net: Audi Forums

www.audifans.net :: View topic - Windscreen seal

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
View next topic
View previous topic
Tim80Quattro
Audi Nut

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Bit of a longshot, but does anyone know where I could get a new windscreen seal (front) for an 80q 4 door saloon? Thanks

merton
Bandwidth Buster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

what year? is this any good? http://www.bag.ee/print.php?view=%2Feng%2Fproducts%2Fglass%2F22%2F23%2F8526ASRS1H, if i am looking at the correct seal then there are two types , one with moldings and one without, the part numbers for these are 811 845 121 C with moldings and 811 845 121G without , searching there doesn't seem to be many around, but i hope these part numbers can help you, these people may be able to help ?? http://www.vwheritage.com/vw_act_vwclassicParts.search_classicSearchText_811845121G_lang_EN_country_GB.htm

Last edited by merton on Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total 
Tim80Quattro
Audi Nut

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks- that's the one! I can't work out how to buy on their site, I will email them. Cheers

merton
Bandwidth Buster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

reading a post on another forum the vwheritage people did manage to get somebody the seal in april of this year, hope you get sorted.

Tim80Quattro
Audi Nut

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers, that's interesting. I haven't heard back from bag.ee yet but it is the weekend. Their part number is 811845121C so it's the one with moldings, which I think is the one I need (my old one seems to have these moldings, but I'm not sure what purpose they serve at all, or whether the 2 types of seal are interchangeable). I haven't come across vwheritage site before- thanks - though I have tried to search the audi tradition site for this but without any luck, though that site is not easy to find anything on.

Tim80Quattro
Audi Nut

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Update on this.. the Estonian co can supply one for around €65, however I checked with a mate of mine who's in the screen business - he can't get hold of an Audi 80 one but he thinks a Golf Mk2 one will fit aok but just doesn't have the aerofoil type bits up the sides... can anybody confirm this is true?

I really want to avoid cutting the old one out then finding the replacement won't fit.

Mikes2
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:54 am Reply with quote Back to top

Is this any use ?

http://www.shop.pma-tools.com/cgi-bin/tradepro10/shop/en/tradepro.cgi?func=det&wkid=2309971828000&rub=15033&root=88833&artnr=56&pn=0

Tim80Quattro
Audi Nut

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Mike, I emailed them last week but no reply... indeed the only co (of several I've tried) that has replied is the original Estonian one. I think I'll check with the guy who's fitting it then order one from them.

kingfisher
Camped on the site

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I understood that these windscreen seals had been remanufactured by Audi Tradition?

I'm fairly certain that they are the same as Quattro Sport rubbers ( i.e. no trim slots in the rubber).... of course you need to pay 80 prices not Quattro Sport prices !!

kingfisher
Camped on the site

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I understood that these windscreen seals had been remanufactured by Audi Tradition?

I'm fairly certain that they are the same as Quattro Sport rubbers ( i.e. no trim slots in the rubber).... of course you need to pay 80 prices not Quattro Sport prices !!

jamiecoysh
Bandwidth Buster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

how would you go about changing the seal? would it be a windscreen out job? My seal has seen better days and i would like to change it.

maybe ill buy a seal then break my windscreen and claim on my insurance to get it fitted Laughing Laughing Laughing

Mikes2
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Audi Tradition sell 811 845 121 G which is without mouldings - just so happens to fit the sport quattro

They don't sell the C part which is with mouldings

kingfisher
Camped on the site

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

OK. of course!
As I still have my 80 Sport ( minus mouldings ) then I'm inclined only to note items that I may need at some time !!

Tim80Quattro
Audi Nut

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all, this thread resurrection is well timed as my new seal arrived from Estonia on Saturday (to be fitted shortly). Audi Tradition weren't selling them before, and I couldn't get replies from all the other usual audi/quattro suppliers that I tried, but the bag.ee were very helpful and well priced too, about €60 delivered.

Now, if anyone else is after one be very careful what you order- as you may know there are 2 versions, with & without mouldings. These mouldings are not the black rubber inserts that the rubber seems to have embedded in it, mouldings are actually separate chromed metal strips, which my 80q does not have. However there is some confusion over part numbers. I wanted one without mouldings, this turns out to be 811845121C (yes C for Charlie)- which is the opposite to most parts books. bag.ee actually obtained this rubber from Germany by the way. If in any doubt with other suppliers I suggest you go the same route as I did and exchange photos of the rubber with them before ordering.

I hope that helps.

Tim

Mikes2
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Good update but that really is going to be confusing for anyone needing one of these.

View next topic
View previous topic