Your Real Estate Professionals In Spain
Audifans.net: Audi Forums

www.audifans.net :: View topic - mmi 2g high not working after dension install

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
View next topic
View previous topic
mickhd

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

i have just installed a dension gateway 500 on my audi a6 2005 2g mmi high, when i tryed it out the mmi screen would not come on,it just came on the audi screen then goes of, has any body got any ideas,how to fix this
,thanks mickh Crying or Very sad

Ceriouss

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:49 am Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, Did you get a reply to this, I have the same issue.

I think it may be that their is no power to the dension unit, apparently their is a blue light on the AUX conversion box that is supposed to flash, mine is not doing anything so I think this may be the issue.

How did you get power to the Dension unit?

polk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I have just installed GW500s. the power needs to be unswitched. The CDC power input has 4 wires (on mine) 2 are brown and connected together - earth. the others were purple/green and red/green (double check this) one is switched - that is the unit goes off when you take out the key, the other stays on all the time. check with a meter or a guru - my wire colours were not the same as expected.
Alternatively, anchor the earth to a frame bolt with a ring connector, and use a suitably sized spade connector to take unswitched power from an empty fuse point in the fuse box. the right spade will fit snugly. Again test with a meter. And ask someone clever which point to use (I dunno - didnt do it this way) the supplier should be able to help.

If the unit is powerless it cannot complete the MOST fibre optic ring, so the MMI will fail.

Once you've done this, let me know if it works. you may be able to solve a different problem i have encountered. good luck.

Ceriouss

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:25 am Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the feedback, I eventually got it professional installed, they had no trouble getting power to it although I don't know exactly how they did it. Once the power was connected it all worked fine and I have now connected the Bluetooth box to it (BTA1500) and that is working perfectly. So overall I am very happy with the unit, but you do need a bit of electrical knowledge to get it hooked up properly.

View next topic
View previous topic