Your Real Estate Professionals In Spain
Audifans.net: Audi Forums

www.audifans.net :: View topic - Car SOS - Feb 7th 8pm

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
View next topic
View previous topic
JBRP

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Everyone,

You may remember me posting in here last year looking for nominations for an upcoming car restoration programme. Well I am delighted to announce that Car SOS series 1 will begin broadcast at 8pm on Thursday 7th on the National Geographic channel.

The basic premise is that we find owners of classics, who due to some adversity in their lives, have been forced to take their beloved classic off the road. With the help of their friends and family we then secret the car away, fully restore it and then return it without their having ever known it was gone. It's all about love for classics and realistic recommissions rather than bling and fake valuations.

I hope you will give it a watch and find it more enjoyable that certain C5 productions which I shan't name

The advert has started running on Sky and the website should go live on monday http://www.natgeotv.com/uk/car-sos

Hope you will be kind enough to give it a watch and spread the word if you like it.

JBRP

retrosonic
Inexperienced

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:24 am Reply with quote Back to top

nice to see these old timers being put back on the road,like the format of the show, more please!

Mikes2
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I liked the show but there were a couple of criticisms

1. A lot of filler material with not much of the actual restoration work being shown - test drives and picking up the car etc

2. Faffing about collecting or searching for parts doesn't make for great TV

There was some major jobs on some of the cars that kind of got skipped over in favour of the above.

If you need to have this stuff in, consider having two episodes per car or increase the time per episode

Other than that keep up with the good work. Makes a nice change to Mike Brewer

retrosonic
Inexperienced

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

mike2 agree with your findings perhaps requires some "fine tuning" but these type of shows are a very welcome break from endless mind numbing soaps,cook & quiz shows and i still get a buzz from seeing these cars out on the road when the suns out.

retrosonic
Inexperienced

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 8:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

looking forward to the new series early in June 2014

View next topic
View previous topic