Your Real Estate Professionals In Spain
Audifans.net: Audi Forums

www.audifans.net :: View topic - Headlight Switches

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
View next topic
View previous topic
Marcoavant4

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:14 am Reply with quote Back to top

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between headlight switches 8E0 941 531 and 8E0 941 531A please? I have tried looking it up but had no success.

ukwide
Bandwidth Buster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:59 am Reply with quote Back to top

Marcoavant4 wrote:
Can anyone tell me what the difference is between headlight switches 8E0 941 531 and 8E0 941 531A please? I have tried looking it up but had no success.

8E0 941 531 5PR = Standard
8E0 941 531 A 5PR = with DIS
8E0 941 531 B 5PR = with Coming Home lights

Marcoavant4

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

What does the DIS mean and the coming home lights? Sorry if its a simple thing its all new to me.

ukwide
Bandwidth Buster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Marcoavant4 wrote:
What does the DIS mean and the coming home lights? Sorry if its a simple thing its all new to me.

Hi Marco,

My apologies, didn't realise you were an 'Audi Virgin', so to speak, okay the DIS is a Driver Information System.

The displays is usually sited between the Speedo and Rev Counter and gives you a 'heads-up' on certain functions such as blown bulbs, low oil etc, I know the DIS in my A6 also shows fuel consumption and all that paraphenalia.

The 'Coming Home Lights' or 'Guide you Home Lights' are a feature which, having turned off the engine keeps the headlights or foglights illuminated for a couple of minutes to allow you to see in the dark, whilst you fumble with your house keys or the Missus depending on whether your lucks in or not............lol

Not sure when the DIS was 1st used but I seem to remember someone saying around 1996/97 ish and Guide you Home lights from about 2002 or thereabouts. But I'm sure someone far more knowledgeable than me will correct me if I'm wrong!

Does this help?

Marcoavant4

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Haha, had an audi before but never had to replace any parts onit, just tidying this one up abit more. Ok so I need the one with the DIS then. Dont suppose I could fit a switch with the home mode on could I or can I only fit the DIS one? Sorry for all the questions.

ukwide
Bandwidth Buster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Marcoavant4 wrote:
Haha, had an audi before but never had to replace any parts onit, just tidying this one up abit more. Ok so I need the one with the DIS then. Dont suppose I could fit a switch with the home mode on could I or can I only fit the DIS one? Sorry for all the questions.

Marco,

I cannot tell you the answer to that one, I am not technically minded, but, if you go to the Miscellaneous Section and go to Technical Posts and ask the question there, someone like Jason or Simon will no doubt pick it up and they will know the answer.

Good luck with your quest, just as an aside, if you get the answer, it's always a good idea to post the solution so others can see it, and eventually every question will have an answer!!!!!!!

Cheers

Gary

View next topic
View previous topic