Your Real Estate Professionals In Spain
Audifans.net: Audi Forums

www.audifans.net :: View topic - Webasto H700 S/R not fully closed

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
View next topic
View previous topic
MudSurfer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hi - I have a 2008/A8 with a Webasto H700 sunroof, and it doesn't quite close all the way up. When closed, there is a difference of about 0.5cm between the trailing edge of the glass panel and the leading edge of the car roof.

When driving this creates a lot of wind noise, and when I close the roof, I can see it get to the correct level, then drop.

I've checked with Webasto and it's not on the recall list for the seal issue some of them have, but I can't find any info on how to reset the closed position.

I have VCDS so can, and will plug in to the car and see if there is anything there, but my thoughts are if this is an aftermarket fit, then there won't be anything to find there, and I can't see anywhere that a manual handle would go to adjust it.

Does anyone here have one of these in their car, and if so, have you managed to adjust the closed position - and if you did, could you tell me how?

TIA.

Andrew.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
MudSurfer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Fixed it. For anyone else with this none OEM roof, the one with the small panel of buttons instead of the rotary switch, this is how to reset the close position.

Ignition on.
Press and hold the arrow button to tilt the roof up, hold the button until it's fully tilted open - it may stop partially open once or twice, but keep the button pressed.

Then hold the other button (arrow button) and hold until the panel has fully retracted into the roof. Hold the button for about 10 seconds, then close the roof.

That's it.

It now closes to the correct position and I no longer have wind noise while driving.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

View next topic
View previous topic