Adrian Flux Insurance
Audifans.net: Audi Forums

www.audifans.net :: View topic - While my upper hydraulic roof ram gently weeps

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
View next topic
View previous topic
Roosta

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all, I know roof questions are multiple and varied, but I haven't come across an answer for this one so here goes.

The near side upper hydraulic ram for the roof is very slightly weeping. I've surmised that this is a replacement rather than a repair and it looks a straightforward enough job to swap it out. My question is, does the roof's hydraulic system need to be de-pressurized before I start removing pipes from the ram as I'm imagining fluid escaping at 10 bar pressure all over the place and slicing through all my soft bits.

If anyone (and I'm sure there must be many) has disassembled their roof, please could you give me a steer? I have located a replacement ram for around the 50 mark - is it worth going to the effort for another potentially worn out part, or should I suck it up and by a new one if still available?

smokie
Inexperienced

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Roosta,

I just replaced my offside ram this year, it is a straight forward job and all you have to do is keep your ignition off and roof in the closed position there will be no pressure, just have a few rags ready for some fluid running out the pipes, as for a 2nd hand ram go for it i bought one off ebay for the same price and it is perfect

Roosta

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:14 am Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Smokie, appreciate the info.

View next topic
View previous topic