Your Real Estate Professionals In Spain
Audifans.net: Audi Forums

www.audifans.net :: View topic - Remote central locking not working

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
View next topic
View previous topic
nomadic1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hi everyone,

I'm in the process if reviving my 98 2.8v6 cabby from its winter slumber and have decided to tackle the irritating central locking fault. The fault is the doors will not lock with the remote key fob. The previous owner made a messy job of replacing the car stereo but not sure if this has anything to do with it. I have taken the following steps to try and fix the problem:

1. Replaced batteries in both fobs and had both fobs checked to prove they work( they do). Central locking works when door is manually locked/unlocked.

2. Checked wiring loom in boot hinge, and fuses (all good there)

3. Found it difficult to find someone who is able to use Vagcom for the older Audi's, so diagnostics not available (if anyone knows of a good auto electrician with Vagcom in the Bedfordshire area please PM me)

4. Went through key fob reprogramming process where key1 is inserted into barrel with ignition on, key 2 is used to manually lock passenger door and then pressed 'open' with key removed from lock and hey presto all the doors,boot, and fuel flap unlock!

I then remove key1 from the ignition and then press lock/unlock on the key fob nothing happens.

It's clear to me the central locking pump works and signal between the pump and fob works with the ignition on, but stops working when key1 is removed from ignition.

I am loathed to start taking apart the rear seats and trim to pull out the central locking pump and hope from my description above someone from the forum may have solved the same problem and can offer a solution.

This is a very frustrating mystery I cannot wait to resolve and would appreciate any problem solving advice from more experienced forum members.

Many thanks in advance.

Audi A4 (sold) 
nomadic1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:13 am Reply with quote Back to top

Hi All, my posts been up a few days now, any ideas on a fix for my central locking issue above??

Thanks in advance

Audi A4 (sold) 
nomadic1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys,

Would grateful for any advice on my central locking issue on my cabby.

Thanks in advance.

N

Audi A4 (sold) 

View next topic
View previous topic