Your Real Estate Professionals In Spain
Audifans.net: Audi Forums

www.audifans.net :: View topic - Problems with central locking and alarm - 97 2.5 AEL Avant

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
View next topic
View previous topic
MikeO
Camped on the site

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hi there,

This place seems a little quiet these days...

I have recently come across a new problem on my A6 (1997 2.5TDi quattro avant - AEL with 285k miles). When I unlock the car, the central locking pump runs on for about 30 seconds after the doors unlock. At about the same time (although it may not be connected), the alarm has started randomly sounding when the car is left locked.

I have tried pressing the button on the driver's side B pillar to disable the interior movement sensor - got all the right indications that it was operating correctly, but it made no difference to the problem(i.e. the alarm still goes off randomly).

All the doors and the tailgate lock and unlock correctly.

I would guess that the reason for the 'run on' may be an air leak (the A6 C4 has pneumatic locks)? As for the alarm - I have no idea.

I have an aftermarket remote locking key thing, but the problem happens whether I use this, or use the key conventionally in the lock.

Unfortunately, Norwich Audi have no longer got the equipment to interrogate the system to download fault codes (they have the cables, but their recent computer upgrade means they can't attach them to anything) - I guess this also means they'll not be able to zero my service indicator... Sad

Any ideas on where to start please? I don't have VAG COM (although I may ask Norwich Audi for their leads, as they're not using them Very Happy).

I'd happily pull the fuse on the alarm, but unfortunately the same fuse covers the central locking, which I'm not willing to do without.

I'm currently parking the car closer to the neighbours who I don't like at night - but I probably should get this sorted...

Any advice appreciated.

Mike Cool

Camped on the site

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:48 am Reply with quote Back to top

I remeber in the C4 there is part of the pump thats made of graphite and it breaks causing issues.

Might not be your problem though.

SkyRocketeer
Camped on the site

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Have you had any luck with this?

One potential source of alarm issues is a 'random' wire that's on the door-switch circuits that goes via the radio loom - the idea being if the radio is removed the alarm is triggered.

Hope this helps

View next topic
View previous topic