Your Real Estate Professionals In Spain
Audifans.net: Audi Forums

www.audifans.net :: View topic - New Member considering buying S4 bi-turbo

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
View next topic
View previous topic
chanmus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 12:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys,

I am considering an S4 biturbo as my next car, and was wondering if anyone had any brochures or glossies, or web URL's which deliver the same, as I would like to know more about them before deciding whether or not to commit to looking for one.

The specifics I would like are pictures (lots of them) inside, outside, underbonnet, details of standard and optional equipment and specifications, tech specs, and model revisions if applicable.

Thanks!
Chan

chanmus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 10:55 am Reply with quote Back to top

I guess not then!

Well - failing that, how about a list of what is standard equipment, and what is optional extra - so I don't get ripped off paying extra for standard equipment when I come to get one...

Cheers!
Chan

audioc
Site OWNER

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 1:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Chan;
I've got quite a few pictures at home, but none on the PC (typical)- we got hold of one from Audi UK before they were officially launched.

These motors were delayed on launch, rumours being that it was due to exhaust manifolds, etc. and a new design was made. How true this is, I am not sure.

If memory serves, they were 265 bhp out of the box, again, if I get chance (and don't fall asleep as soon as I get in) I'll try to upload specs, etc. They have changed a little, but not much. (Pre- facelift)

Try to avoid ones that have been chipped, if possible. Known weaknesses include turbo charger bearings- a rattle has been known to develop on one of the turbo chargers, and you have to change them in pairs (try 5k per pair plus fitting etc)

Don't let that put you off. Dave (of rs4.org infamy) had an S4 Avant he had tweaked by mtm, plus a few other goodies. He then badged it as a 1.8T (!) saved any aggro from yobs or the police......

He said the MTM chip made a difference (but see note above re. chipped units, etc.) and he also had a short shifter gear change fitted, which made gear selection a lot smoother and made for a more pleasurable drive.

Is there anything in particular you are looking for, or any particular year? (They had a habit of changing specs and not telling people)

Hope this helps.

Andy

chanmus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 2:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Andy, thanks for the reply.

I have not yet started to look for one, it depends mainly on how much cash I can get together, but basically want the best I can get for my cash, so don't want dealers trying to sell my a car with lots of extras, when in fact those extras come as standard!

I would like to see some pics also so that I know whether or not things have been changed inside or outside, as I'd like to decide what I do and don't want to modify.

The only definates on my wish list are leather and saloon at the moment, but would really like satnav as I have it on my current car and think I would be lost (literally) without it!

Cheers,
Chan

Locomotion
UltraUser

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 6:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Heres a buyers guide
http://www.s-cars.org/s4biturbo/bg/bg.html
Evil or Very Mad

View next topic
View previous topic