Your Real Estate Professionals In Spain
Audifans.net: Audi Forums

www.audifans.net :: View topic - Alarm problem

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
View next topic
View previous topic
McTyke

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hi All
My 2001 2.7t allroad is giving me problems with the alarm. Been going off in the middle of night for no reason.
Now, there is an issue with rear hatch lock as it's not triggering interior light so plan to strip that and clean but if alarm thinks rear hatch is open when its not it would surely trigger all the time- which its not.
Last night I set the suspension to lowest setting in case recent cold temperatures are somehow affecting stabilty of suspension and triggering motion sensor - alas it still went off about 1.30am. But, interestingly, the weedy alarm sound stopped after a a few seconds even though the hazards kept flashing. Could there be an issue with an alarm backup battery (10 years old now) and if so, where is it located and can it be replaced.
Any help appreciated as I am resorting to leaving alarm off and doors undone - not good. Loving the car otherwise.
Jeff

daz-the-dogg
Camped on the site

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Jeff this may be of help http://www.tt-forum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=73315&highlight

McTyke

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:33 am Reply with quote Back to top

thanks Daz - I did this once on my wifes Omega. Will give it a try this weekend. Although I am not getting the "chirp" that the TT folk get from theirs, I figure that the siren must have back up rechargeable batteries in it and that after over 10 years they must be knackered and this is manifesting itself on my car by the alarm going off for no reason. For a tenner and an hours or so's work it worth a punt. Many thanks for the link - I'll post results and take some photo's as I go.
Jeff

McTyke

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well - did the mod over the weekend. Very easy really. First night the alarm went off again but I was hoping this was because I had not run the car and the batteries would not have been fully charged (can't imagine my local Maplins turning over many of these batteries - I bought the only 2 they had - bet they have been there for ages) Anyway, since then all been OK - keep fingers crossed. If it continues to work its a superb fix and many thanks for the link. Anyone need any hints when doing their's - drop me aline
Jeff

daz-the-dogg
Camped on the site

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:32 am Reply with quote Back to top

Glad it worked Jeff

man1c
Inexperienced

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I had a very similar experience and sympathise.. Even leaving it unlocked didn't work as it kept reseting itself and going off randomly all night (or day). VERY VERY frustrating..

Although not a solution [as mine still does same every time it rains or gets damp] I did find a way around it, albeit not ideal.

I found when I locked car, the red light on door flashed continuously which told me it was going to eventually go off. I which case you unlock car open both drivers door and passenger door, push remote to lock car then shut drivers door, reach through (open) rear passenger door and push door lock button down manually on drivers door then just shut rear door and the car is locked.

As above this is not solution but at least it stops you having a sleepless night....

McTyke

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:15 am Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all

Alarm coninued to trigger despite replacing back up battery's. Anyhoo, following advice on post I found on another forum I remove trim in boot to check current continuity of rear glass breakage sensors. One side had a break somewhere or more likely a bad contact where the two wires are soldered to the glass - you could see rust around them. Figure the electrical contact had been getting worse over time especially in cold or damp weather. In last few weeks alarm would trigger within a minute or so of arming it. So, disconnected wires at connector block and bridged the two terminals so the ECU is now getting a circuit when alarm is armed. Result - no triggers for last 24hrs and can now lock door again.
This is not the first cracked or corroded solder joint I have sorted so its worth checking things like this on cars of this age.

tekintank

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 6:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Its been a while since this post was initiated, going through the same issues as described in the original post (2001 allroad 2.7t).
Trying to sort this out myself, need some assistance locating the alarm control module. I checked the link for the mod and seems straight forward. I have started disassembling the trunk but i dont know the exact location of the alarm module.
I have located the rear glass breakage sensors, will check the continuity on those.
Any help is appreciated, thank you.

wookie
Audi Nut

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 3:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I had weird alarm issues that turned out to be water in the passenger footwell nobbling the wiring to the Comfort Control Module (the module had already been replaced by the garage I bought it from) on a 2005 Avant.

The water was getting in via a cracked pollen filter housing, although I understand that an alternative (and more common) cause is blocked drain holes under the battery.

Might be worth checking for damp before doing any serious dismantling...

Andy

View next topic
View previous topic