Your Real Estate Professionals In Spain
Audifans.net: Audi Forums

www.audifans.net :: View topic - Hello from the Boonies, aka..... Lincolnshire

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
View next topic
View previous topic
slakkbladder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:55 am Reply with quote Back to top

Hello one and all. I am now the proud owner of an A4 Avant 1.8T Tiptronic Sport.

Really hoping after a the grief I've had with my Mercedes that this beast lives up to it's reputation. Thanks for reading. [/img]

ukwide
Bandwidth Buster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:12 am Reply with quote Back to top

slakkbladder wrote:
Hello one and all. I am now the proud owner of an A4 Avant 1.8T Tiptronic Sport.

Really hoping after a the grief I've had with my Mercedes that this beast lives up to it's reputation. Thanks for reading. [/img]

Welcome to the world of audi ownership, sounds like you've got yourself a nice A4.

There's lots of experience and assistance available here, some of the guys have audi fluids coursing through their veins, so most problems are easily sorted with just a tap of your keyboard.

Enjoy the car and hopefully you'll send an update at somepoint.

Good luck

slakkbladder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:28 am Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the welcome Gary.

Have been an Alfa owner for nearly two decades but have decided to go German, they say a change is as good as a rest, and lets face it, the new Guiletta and Mito's are just glorified Fiats.

My first foray with a Mercedes was a horrific experience, so decided on the Avant. Lovely car, well screwed together, and when he wants too, he'll fly.

V__BE5A.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  172.37 KB
 Viewed:  606 Time(s)

V__BE5A.jpg

ukwide
Bandwidth Buster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:40 am Reply with quote Back to top

slakkbladder wrote:
Thanks for the welcome Gary.

Have been an Alfa owner for nearly two decades but have decided to go German, they say a change is as good as a rest, and lets face it, the new Guiletta and Mito's are just glorified Fiats.

My first foray with a Mercedes was a horrific experience, so decided on the Avant. Lovely car, well screwed together, and when he wants too, he'll fly.

I can understand you saying new Alfa's are just glorified Fiats, platform dominance is all the rage, even VAG do it, but at least they do it in a way most people wouldn't notice.

I had a very bad experience with M-Benz, during the very late 80's and whilst still living on past motoring glory, they tried to sell me a new 250D which was rubbish, everything was an £800 extra, sunroof £800, near side door mirror £800, tinted glass £800, upgrade seat material from B'pool deck chair to velour £800 radio £800 and then the car was rusty and not very good, so rejected it at point of sale - comment from salesman....Don't blame you!

The A4 is a cracking car in all it's forms, saloon, estate and cabriolet, the engines are all well tried and tesed and some really do get the old pulse racing...

Regards

slakkbladder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Have to be honest, it takes something quite special to raise either my pulse or an eyebrow. The Avant has managed to do both.

There are a few bits that I want to do with it, first and foremost, a deep valet.... Just as well I'm on annual leave for the rest of the week Very Happy

ukwide
Bandwidth Buster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

slakkbladder wrote:
Have to be honest, it takes something quite special to raise either my pulse or an eyebrow. The Avant has managed to do both.

There are a few bits that I want to do with it, first and foremost, a deep valet.... Just as well I'm on annual leave for the rest of the week Very Happy

Strange cars Audi's, they do react very, very positively to a deep valet, almost to the point of looking embarrassingly good lol

View next topic
View previous topic