Your Real Estate Professionals In Spain
Audifans.net: Audi Forums

www.audifans.net :: View topic - Who's left....?

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
View next topic
View previous topic
NickJones
Camped on the site

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It is a bit quiet on here...... Sad

So who still has a C4? Mine is still soldiering on as my only daily driver (did have an affair with a D2 A8 for a while but that's gone now) and now on 320k plus change.

No major issues to report - had some more dampers and another wheel bearing....

Tough they are!

Nick

grahamlister

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Still keeping mine going. White 2.5tdi avant 95. It's at the stage where it's needing a bit of maintenance and I've just replaced the rear calipers and hoses and I'm about to fit some new vented discs and refurbed calipers from a v6. I'm currently trying to get the parts to do the pulley and all belts/waterpump and fit a new radiator.
It's at 174k which is quite low mileage and it's mainly used for longer journeys as I'm in a van during the week. It is still a reliable car that can go a few weeks without being used and just be ready to use with no worries about it letting me down.
I have no plans to get rid and after getting the belts done I'm hoping it will still have a good few years left yet. Not having a ramp I want to get it checked underneath as I've noticed a couple of rust patches and want to address any issues. It was waxoyled before I got it and is in ok shape body wise apart from cracking lacquer and dodgy paint on the bumpers but it needs a new windscreen.

NickJones
Camped on the site

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

You might want to drop out the plastic arch liners (front and rear), check out the state of affairs behind them and repair/re-coat as needed. I had to change my front wings quite a few years ago when the arches rotted out (they are going again, but only surface rust) and was a bit disgruntled to note that the coating and the galv had failed behind the rears when I removed them last year. Caught in time to prevent any actual perforation but bad enough to leave marked pitting.

The area behind the rear wheels is the only part that is starting to show signs of real corrosion. Need to catch it before next winter or it will be gone.

Mechanically mine is still remarkably good considering the work it's done and it's used more or less daily. It's done nearly 1000 miles in the last two weeks. Still good on juice too. Well over 50mpg in this warmer weather.

Nick

SkyRocketeer
Camped on the site

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:06 am Reply with quote Back to top

just about hanging on here, I don't visit this forum much much as I don't do much to the car (other than drive it) but as it's recently thrown a ball-joint I'm back on the spanners Confused it's at 293K - I want to get it past 300K, and it's still a useful old barge, even though it's a bit scruffy now the rust is starting to show on the wings and boot.

spink
Bandwidth Buster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I actually thought this website had died as I tried it a few months ago a couple of times but was a dead link

Ive still got one,although its not the original one I had when on this forum in the early days and its also been off the road for a couple of years,I do intend getting it back on the road soon though

interestingly though,bladerunner johns old a6 is owned by someone very local to me.Quite a coincidence of it ending up living where it is as John brought it to my workshop a few times around 8/10 years ago which is only about 150 metres away.Ive never spoke to the owner but hes obviously a c4 nut as I think he had a blue one aswell at some point prior which i used to see around a bit.

slacky
Camped on the site

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:26 am Reply with quote Back to top

I’m Still stuck in the 80/90’s too , amongst others I bought an urs6 nearly 4 yrs ago now and as usual still trying to get it how I want it , always wanted one , so it’s a keeper Wink cheers
Oh and spink/james (above) is still a good source for parts for any other c4 owners 👍

A6 avant 2.8q 1999 Santorin Blue
Coupe GT5E 1985 Saphire Blue
Coupe GT5E 1984 red(being refurbed by tiprat) 
NickJones
Camped on the site

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Still got it.... now within a few hundred of all the 3s.... still working for it's living as it's my only "real" car.

4 rounds of the Woolbridge MC 12 Car rally season have taken their toll this winter with two being particularly rough and wet.

To do list includes
- Rear beam pivot bushes (again! - Lemforder this time)
- Exhaust needs some love - it's the original bar the CAT and the basic pipes and boxes are still good. The rear joint flanges and hangers...... not so much.
- Front subframe bushes - and if anyone knows where to find ARB bushes (the rare 26mm ones, as S6) I like to hear it as mine are original and weary.
- Persistently sticking handbrake mechs on the rear calipers. I did buy some new ones which were rubbish and worse, so ended up rebuilding the originals which worked for a while.
- Getting grotty underneath around and behind the rear wheels.
- Water leak down the a -pillar. Can't find the source.
- Water leak at the rear - tailgate seal I think but don't fancy my chances of finding a new/better one.
- Climate control has just failed - heater control flap "stuck" according to diagnostics. I think its the servo in fact. Looks like a right mission to get at.
- Various cosmetic issues to attend to - nothing major. Being solid black means matching is easy at least.

Nick

SkyRocketeer
Camped on the site

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:09 am Reply with quote Back to top

Still going - 316k & counting Smile

GT500
Audi Nut

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:57 am Reply with quote Back to top

I?m still here!
Running the ex Bladerunner through the winter months.
Just had to rebuild the front struts as they both let go fairly close together and spring had a chat with tyre.
Currently chasing it running crap on tick over or light throttle. Messing with injected quantities. It?s been getting slowly worse for a couple of years.
My URS6 has just had a lot of time and sexy parts thrown at it. Looking forward to no salt!!
I have 2.8 quattro that came last year. Nice car in bad condition underneath. Not sure what I?ll do with it.
Very rare to see another C4 on the road.

NickJones
Camped on the site

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent. I'm still here too. It's still my daily driver, now on 356K and some change.

Had a parallel experience with the LH front spring pan letting go back in the summer causing strong pan/tyre rubbage, lots of smoke and the only recovery of our 250k together to date. Luckily it chose to do this in town at less than 30mph and traffic was light. AA arrived within 10 mins!!

I had acquired a pair of struts from eastern Europe a few months before and had them rebuilt ready to go. The RH was just about ready to fail too. It's impossible to tell how bad they are without very careful cleaning and examination unless off the car with the spring removed.

Needs a turbo (epic axial play though still functioning) have everything except the will.... It's also busy eating aux belt tensioner - again. Seems to have got worse since I did the cam belt and changed the harmonic damper last year.

Agree it's rare to see another. I did have a few reliable spots in this area and one where my son lives in Newton Abbott but they seem to have gone now. The youngest is 27 years old and they were never that common so not surprising really.

View next topic
View previous topic