Your Real Estate Professionals In Spain
Audifans.net: Audi Forums

www.audifans.net :: View topic - INDEPENDENT IN ESSEX

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
View next topic
View previous topic
stigblomqvist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Guys Im just a newby to the forum but thought you would like to know of a great Audi independent in Essex called MotorAid. Theyve got 2 branches, one in Basildon and one in Hainault near Romford. I visited the Basildon branch recently for some servicing a repairs, and they were a real bunch of genuine & very knowledgeable people. You may want to give them a go, their number is 01268-591558.

HammersDan
Needs to get out more

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I can vouch for this mob, they do all of zee German motors and only use genuine parts and so dont stuff your warranty Very Happy Very Happy

2002 VW Bora 1.6 (sold)
2002 Vauxhall VX220 2.2 N/A (sold - gutted!)
www.griffin-elevators.co.uk 
A6GL0W

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, all. I am new to the forum and am seeking a recommended garage in south essex so thank you to your posts above. I shall give them a go in the coming months when my A6 requires its interval service and report back.

In 2010, I had a well travelled (170k) but tidy A4 1.9tdi and took it to an obvious choice garage in the essex/london area for a fixed fee £300 'comprehensive' service. They offered a courteous service picking up and returning my car and advising of a somewhat 'comprehensive list of snagging items including tired boot gas struts??? amounting to almost £2,000 of additional work. I declined and received my car back later that same day. Anyway I didnt inspect/use the car for a couple of days and after driving it locally, thought I'd belatedly check the oil level. For a diesel with 506.01 spec oil, 50 miles of driving appeared to leave this premium oil incredibly black and water-like. I was disappointed and irritated with myself more than the garage concerned for not following this up but then hey, you learn from your mistakes!

96turbo
Needs to get out more

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

A6GL0W wrote:
Hi, all. I am new to the forum and am seeking a recommended garage in south essex so thank you to your posts above. I shall give them a go in the coming months when my A6 requires its interval service and report back.

In 2010, I had a well travelled (170k) but tidy A4 1.9tdi and took it to an obvious choice garage in the essex/london area for a fixed fee £300 'comprehensive' service. They offered a courteous service picking up and returning my car and advising of a somewhat 'comprehensive list of snagging items including tired boot gas struts??? amounting to almost £2,000 of additional work. I declined and received my car back later that same day. Anyway I didnt inspect/use the car for a couple of days and after driving it locally, thought I'd belatedly check the oil level. For a diesel with 506.01 spec oil, 50 miles of driving appeared to leave this premium oil incredibly black and water-like. I was disappointed and irritated with myself more than the garage concerned for not following this up but then hey, you learn from your mistakes!

Diesel engine oil always goes black withina few miles Wink Wink

its the sludge build up you need to worry about on the 1-9

View next topic
View previous topic