Your Real Estate Professionals In Spain
Audifans.net: Audi Forums

www.audifans.net :: View topic - Tax/MOT Dodge???

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
View next topic
View previous topic
WelshSue
Needs to get out more

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

We have someone in the Village with a Polish registed Car,they use it every day for work. We've been here 6 years and as far as we know it's never gone back to Poland. It's not Taxed and i assume then not MOT'd. Does anybody know the ruling on EU cars(length of time allowed in UK,etc)? As this seems unfair to the rest of us paying our Road Tax/MOT/Insurance.

QuattroJames
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:27 am Reply with quote Back to top

It's either 6 or 12 months, I can't remember which.

Ingolstance 
ukwide
Bandwidth Buster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:02 am Reply with quote Back to top

QuattroJames wrote:
It's either 6 or 12 months, I can't remember which.

James,

Its six months.........

Gary

WelshSue
Needs to get out more

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the info guys. Looks like a bit of an overstayer!!!

BRUCE
Camped on the site

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

God damn foreigners, my mates mint Tomcat got rear ended and totalled last year on M5 by a foreign truck driver, my mate saw him in the rear view mirror on the phone and braced himself for impact, the bizzies said they had no powers to either look at or confiscate the phone then told my mate not to expect getting payed out because European insurance don't cover them to drive in the UK. They then sent the truck on it's way ???

Earlier this year my brother in laws pick up got totalled in a head on with a rusty old Peugeot estate being driven on the wrong side of the road by a bunch of Romanian fruit pickers, turns out the Pug driver presented his mates driving license to the plod and pretended not to have a good understanding of the English language, he bunked off back to Romania of course !

I mean WTF is going on here, instead of the plod sitting in the white van or the horse box with the back door open a bit catching UK motorists 5mph over the limit they need to sort out these trucks at the docks and impound the vehicles if they don't have relevant insurance ........ oh, yeah, I forgot, sounds a bit too much like hard work don't it !!

They've even got OAP's doing it now, still it must be more exiting than the Derby & Joan, look at these two old gits !!

AUDIOC member #1057. 2.6 cabby. A6 Avant tdi sport, Range Rover vogue. Transit Connect 
QuattroJames
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Gotta love stories which improve with the telling!

Ingolstance 
Farmer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

In Poland by law you got to have a valid MOT and a minimum 3`rd party insurance. I assume that he goes back home at least once in a year so he can get the MOT at that time. If he is involved in a accident and got at least 3`rd party cover the insurer has to pay up, it doesn't mater if it happens in UK , France, Germany or anywhere in EU. Beside if he gets caught in Poland without relevant documents he is f.... and when passing the german-polish border there is a lot of border agency police around and also plenty of undercover police cars, so I doubt that he is driving without a mot or insurance, the roadtax is a different mater.
I`m not trying to protect him etc. and do not want to get it to a row about foreigners ( as I`m one ) but I see plenty of cars on french, german or dutch plates and somehow did not heard anyone complaining about that and I do know few that been living in the UK for years and still driving their "foreign" car.

Regards
Wojciech

p.s. You can not throw everyone in the same bag and say they`r trouble makers etc. There are that kind of individuals and unfortunately you see one or hear about that is drinking, stealing, causing problems then we got a crappy image straight away.
I might say some things about English blokes and their behavior when they come to Poland but I will not as this are individuals. Over the years that I lived in UK and due to the nature of my work I`v meet tens if not hundreds of British and I can say that there are people and there are plonkers but I do not generalize them.

the_wire
Needs to get out more

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

@Farmer

This is true.

I live fairly close to, and spend a great majority of my time on the M20, which is used by all and sundry to get to the coastal ports, and TBH, I've seen some shocking driving, both by 'foreigners' (and this covers everybody that doesn't have a GB number plate) and also by brits.

I've also seen some cars in shocking condition too, but these have mostly been driven by brits as I don't think that the guys on the coastal ports can knowingly let in cars that are 'unroadworthy'. I don't know about this 100% tho, so could be wrong.

What's more likely to happen is that people from abroad are buying bangers in this country and using them on the road with no chance of them being legal. It's this process of selling cars that should be scrapped to 'foreigners' because they're skint and/or here illegally/whatever/don't know any better that's got to stop.

Inexperienced

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:58 am Reply with quote Back to top

Farmer wrote:
In Poland by law you got to have a valid MOT and a minimum 3`rd party insurance. I assume that he goes back home at least once in a year so he can get the MOT at that time. If he is involved in a accident and got at least 3`rd party cover the insurer has to pay up, it doesn't mater if it happens in UK , France, Germany or anywhere in EU. Beside if he gets caught in Poland without relevant documents he is f.... and when passing the german-polish border there is a lot of border agency police around and also plenty of undercover police cars, so I doubt that he is driving without a mot or insurance, the roadtax is a different mater.
I`m not trying to protect him etc. and do not want to get it to a row about foreigners ( as I`m one ) but I see plenty of cars on french, german or dutch plates and somehow did not heard anyone complaining about that and I do know few that been living in the UK for years and still driving their "foreign" car.

Regards
Wojciech

p.s. You can not throw everyone in the same bag and say they`r trouble makers etc. There are that kind of individuals and unfortunately you see one or hear about that is drinking, stealing, causing problems then we got a crappy image straight away.
I might say some things about English blokes and their behavior when they come to Poland but I will not as this are individuals. Over the years that I lived in UK and due to the nature of my work I`v meet tens if not hundreds of British and I can say that there are people and there are plonkers but I do not generalize them.
my wifes a pinoy from philippines and when i went there first every one said dont trust muslims i said and allways will dont judge every one same, theres good and bad in every ppl, then i saw that a muslim family put road block up and killed 52 muslim women kids reporters and men bulldozed em into ditch i sort changed my mind lol

View next topic
View previous topic