Your Real Estate Professionals In Spain
Audifans.net: Audi Forums

www.audifans.net :: View topic - "Project Audi" (Audi 80 Cabriolet 2.6 V6)

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
View next topic
View previous topic
Audi-Rog

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 5:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Here is my 2.6 Manual Cabbie, in Amethyst Grey, bought as a project. I have already completed many, many jobs and bought many new parts to get it to it's current state, but there is much more to do!

My aim isn't a full-on nut and bolt resto, but to give it a good Detail and repair the interior leather and get it back on the road so it can be enjoyed by me and other car enthusiasts alike!

This is before, on the day I bought it in Feb, looking a bit neglected and sorry for itself, as it had been left standing for a few months.

This is the latest condition. I have just finished giving it a Full Correction Detail. It is now Taxed and MOT'd and driving very well! Loving it!

You can follow my progress pics and write up on Facebook, if you would like to see the journey it has taken to get to this point.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151467116961672.541876.522406671&type=1

Roger

Cool

www.freemandetailing.co.uk 
v6
Supporter- DONATES when you lot don't

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Looking good Rog Cool
The wheels have come up a treat - and they suit the car so much better than those bloody awful chavvy things that you 'inherited' - what did you use to clean 'em?

Alan Smile

1983 Laverda RGS1000 (#1 toy since 1989)
1977 Laverda Jota

has-beens:
80GL - 100CS - 80CD - 90 2.2E - A4 1.9TDi SE
1996 A4 Avant 2.6SE Paradise Green (356k miles) 
Jamin
Needs to get out more

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 2:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

heh, I wouldn't call them bloody awful chavvy things, dated maybe Laughing but I agree on the ten spokes, they've restored the class look of the car.

very nice thumbright

Audi-Rog

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 3:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

v6 wrote:
Looking good Rog Cool
The wheels have come up a treat - and they suit the car so much better than those bloody awful chavvy things that you 'inherited' - what did you use to clean 'em?

Alan Smile

Cheers for the comments Very Happy

Thanks Alan, the wheels came up nice, didn't they!

I used a multitude of chemicals to turn them around, wheel acid, iron X, decon gel and tar remover! Then polished them with Menzerna Final Finish, to revive the paint.

Took me over 3 hrs! Not perfect by any means, but transformed the original look of the car, though. Which was what I was after.

Still got a few more jobs to do, roof lining fixings and finish off the seats. Been too busy Detailing other cars to get on with this one. It is getting used though, which is good. Still turns head too Cool

www.freemandetailing.co.uk 

View next topic
View previous topic