Your Real Estate Professionals In Spain
Audifans.net: Audi Forums

www.audifans.net :: View topic - Foot Pedel Accessories

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
View next topic
View previous topic
Wonker
Inexperienced

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all,

I am new to all this and have just taken possesion of my first ever Audi. I am thinking of a few subtle accessories and my first port of call is the foot pedal area. I want to get some covers for the clutch, brake, throttle and foot rest but the ones I've looke at (that claim to be for an A3) just don't seem right when it comes to the throttle pedal cover. As opposed to other cars I've had, this pedal comes from floor but the styles of cover I have seen seem to be for the 'clutch' pedal style (hope this makes sense). Take this one for example:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RED-CHROME-CAR-FOOT-COVERS-PEDALS-AUDI-A2-A3-A4-A5-A6-/200446313819?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2eab88055b

The dimensions on the accelerator cover seem all wrong even though it claims to be for an A3 (as well as all the other cars in the range Smile )
So is this the right type of thing to get or can you guide me to the correct place I should be looking for accessories?

Cheers

Wonker

Got Nothing Better To Do

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

They look way to bling for me and a bit chavy if i'm honest.... why not get some genuine Audi TT pedals they are origional equipment from Audi and are a popular mod with the S3 owners.... just a nice brushed aluminium pedal cover with rubber inserts.... i'll see if i can find a pic

1999 A3 Quattro 1.8T Pics >>HERE
1989 10v Coupe (Retired) 
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
MarkyBoy
Got Nothing Better To Do

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Available from Audi and not that expensive

1999 A3 Quattro 1.8T Pics >>HERE
1989 10v Coupe (Retired) 
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Wonker
Inexperienced

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:24 am Reply with quote Back to top

MarkyBoy wrote:

Available from Audi and not that expensive

Cheers mate,

Again, though, I don't think that is the same 'type' of accelerator pedal as I have in my A3?. I know the one in the link I gave is not the best, it was just an example of something that clamis to fit an A3 when quite clearly it doesn't. I would, also, like a hint of red with aluminium/Stainless Steel, Chrome...but obviously nothing too chavvy Very Happy I suppose I just need pointing in the right direction; The best place to look, has anybody on here done it, are there pictures etc. I have used the search facility but I didn't get very far.

Cheers

Wonker

Supporter- DONATES when you lot don't

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Nobody has done it and had the balls to show pics as it looks rubbish and chavvy unless you use something from the VAG parts bin.

Someone told me the RS3 has got the metal pedals from the Skoda VRS parts bin.

BTW those pedals in your link will fit the mk1 A3.

That is of course just my opinion, and you are welcome to yours Wonker. You will find most people on most of the Audi forums like OEM + rather than aftermarket.

That might not have been a very polite way of putting it, just an honest way of putting it.

Inexperienced

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

hibby wrote:
Nobody has done it and had the balls to show pics as it looks rubbish and chavvy unless you use something from the VAG parts bin.

Someone told me the RS3 has got the metal pedals from the Skoda VRS parts bin.

BTW those pedals in your link will fit the mk1 A3.

That is of course just my opinion, and you are welcome to yours Wonker. You will find most people on most of the Audi forums like OEM + rather than aftermarket.

That might not have been a very polite way of putting it, just an honest way of putting it.

That’s fair enough mate and the kind of answer I was after. You misunderstood me if you think I ‘wanted’ the ones in my link, I don’t; I can see they are cheap and nasty that’s why I asked advice as to where to look.

Please understand I am completely new to the Audi scene and have no idea where to look for Stainless Steel or Aluminium foot pedals from the VAG parts bin or where to find any OEM parts as opposed to aftermarket and this is why I joined this forum to gain sound advice and knowledge.

So if you could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Just a quick search.......

http://www.skodateile.cz/index.php?pg=product&prod=41&menu=%A9koda%7COctavia%20II%28A5%29

Milotec do some also but the skodateile ones are nicer.
http://milotec.de/index.php?language=en&cat=c268_Interieur.html

If you want to have a look and go into more detail on briskoda.net you might be able to find some part numbers for ordering them direct from either VAG parts or one of the VAG groups dealers.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Quick bit more searching S3 pedals and Golf GTi pedals are the same as the VRS pedals.
If I find part numbers I will post them for you. or maybe someone with an up to date family album could check.

Seem to be about £60 to £70 for a set. Keep your old ones for when you sell the car, recoup some money by selling them on ebay.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I think this is the part number for a set of RHD pedals, get it checked though 1K2064200

It seems the pedals are same from Seat Cupra, Skoda VRS, Golf GTI, Audi S3 and I think the mk2 Audi TT.

Stoke Audi
http://www.stokeaudi-parts.co.uk/products.php?product=A3-2005-Aluminium-Pedals

There is some one ebay too.

Inexperienced

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:27 am Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you very much mate, you're a gentleman.

View next topic
View previous topic