Your Real Estate Professionals In Spain
Audifans.net: Audi Forums

www.audifans.net :: View topic - WET Injectors / Nozzles - 2.5 TDi AAT

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
View next topic
View previous topic
HF1600ie
Needs to get out more

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hi everyone,
So as a few of you know already, I´ve been trying to search for the cause of a somewhat visible white/grey "haze" while idling my AAT which becomes very noticeable after taking off in traffic or long idling periods.

So, this time i´ve decided to take the injectors apart and #1 , #2 and #5 (counting from radiator to firewall) were wet with something that looked like sooty diesel (diesel + soot) or oil. It was kind of thick in some parts.
Also, they were very sooty all over the nozzle, which is normal, I guess. Considering they were tight in the injector holes, it means they were not removed for a long time already, if they ever were....

But these 3 injectors, they were wet from the part where the nozzle is attached to the injector body.

Isn´t this strange ? sometime back, when I replaced a glow plug, I remember it was also wet too ! It was #2, which relates to one of the wet injectors.

So... this leads me to think the injector is gone? Probably leaking? Never saw with previous cars (with VW/Audi engines), like A4 AFN 110hp or Audi 80 1Z 90hp or Seat Ibiza 110hp.

Let me know what you guys think !

Stu63

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

First thing I think you need to do is do or get a leak test done and take it from that

HF1600ie
Needs to get out more

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:40 am Reply with quote Back to top

Well, you mean leakdown test?

I don´t know exactly how to do it. But honestly, I think my injectors, at leaste #1, #2 and #5 are shot.

View next topic
View previous topic