Your Real Estate Professionals In Spain
Audifans.net: Audi Forums

www.audifans.net :: View topic - A5 Cabriolet

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
View next topic
View previous topic
VicW

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hi I am an A6 Avant driver but am looking for a bit more fun during good weather. I am looking to buy a second hand A3 or A5 cabriolet currently looking at 2010 1.6TD A3 or 2.0 TDi A5. The only A5s I can find within my budget have nearly 60k miles on the clock and manual, what is the engine and general reliability of the car like please as I have gad to have my autobox on the A6 rebuilt after 80k miles? Are therre any specifics I shoiuld check as I am not a mechanic but enjoy driving audis, please? Many thanks VicW

Mikes2
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The manuals are fine and are relatively free. You have to consider dpf, dual mass flywheel issues as part of the package.

Spec seems to be the important consideration. Leather, B&O sound, 3G nav all help resale. Ride comfort is another consideration. 19" wheels are the popular option.

There are different versions of the 2.0 TDi engine - 170 or 177 hp. Don't be fooled by the small hp change. They are chalk and cheese. You don't say what your budget is but I'd expect it will be the earlier 170hp car you'll be looking at

http://www.a5oc.com is a good place to ask for advice

VicW

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Many thanks Mike, my budget is around £16k but will be travelling betwen Windsor and La Rochelle and other parts of europe several times a year so need a reliable cruiser. Is 60k miles for a 2010 model reasonable of has it been thrashed leading to expensive repairs further down the line?
What is dpf, dual mass flywheel issues and what should I be wary of please?
Many thanks VicW

View next topic
View previous topic