Your Real Estate Professionals In Spain
Audifans.net: Audi Forums

www.audifans.net :: View topic - 80 Gearbox

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
View next topic
View previous topic
Quaylie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I have an 80 Sport 2.0 B4 auto. I want to turn it into a manual. I'm looking for a cheap donor car to whip the box, ancillaries etc out of. What car would you recommend? A stock 80? I've seen posts about a3/s3 boxes, is that right or am I barking up the wrong tree. Thanks.

Audicted
Needs to get out more

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

You'll be looking for a gearbox and axles (driveshafts) from any front wheel drive A4 or 80. I believe the A3/S3 are transverse mounted engines so the gearboxes wont work. Also, I just converted a 2.0E to manual and I had to change my front subframe because the right side of the gearbox wasn't mating to the frame. I did NOT do the wiring for the reverse lights and stuff (my buddy did) so I have no information where that is concerned. Additionally, as has been required with the V6 conversions, I did not have to modify the crankshaft in my ABK engine. Car feels like it has 30 more HP.

View next topic
View previous topic