Your Real Estate Professionals In Spain
Audifans.net: Audi Forums

www.audifans.net :: View topic - keys locked in boot! HELP!!!

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
View next topic
View previous topic
monkeyboyuk
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

as suggests. keys locked in boot and no spare!! its an '07 skoda, can't seem to find an auto locksmith around that can get in and wondered if anyone had any tips??!

cars deadlocked, have tried lifting the handle from inside and pressing the door release but all to no avail!!

and yes, it was me that locked them in my mates loan car!!!!!!

fook sake, help lol!!!

clivey
Got Nothing Better To Do

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

contact main dealer with reg and id/log book of poss and they will cut you another !!

Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Have you tried the AA or RAC? On some cars if you can energize the lighting circuit and/or indicators it will pop the central locking for you. I've seen it done and it was quite impressive!

Ingolstance 
monkeyboyuk
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:38 am Reply with quote Back to top

thanks for the replies guys, i got in eventually, couldn't find an auto locksmith that would even touch it!!

ended up breaking rear driverside passenger window (after about 7 attempts i got it!!)

bit was it wasn't just one set of keys i'd locked in, i'd just grabbed something out of someone elses car and locked their keys in as well lol!!

thankfully my keys were still safely in my pocket lol.

as for AA/RAC i'm not a member and neither are any of the folks i was with. so that wasn't an option, don't think they'd have been able to do anything anyway as the deadlocks were on so they couldn't do anything that i hadn't tried.

i'd already prise the door open from the top, got a thick piece of wire and been prodding at the door release button (which skoda said would work!!, but didn't) and hooked an end round the door handle and pulled on it twice (again as skoda said, this didn't work either)

anyway resolved now and 130 quid lighter for the window getting replaced Sad

QuattroJames
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:33 am Reply with quote Back to top

monkeyboyuk wrote:

as for AA/RAC i'm not a member and neither are any of the folks i was with. so that wasn't an option, don't think they'd have been able to do anything anyway as the deadlocks were on so they couldn't do anything that i hadn't tried.

Thats the beauty of energizing the indicator/central door locking circuit, the door locks will pop open Wink Its quite impressive to see! Maybe your mates will all chip in and send you on a course Laughing

Ingolstance 
istoo
UltraUser

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

QuattroJames wrote:
monkeyboyuk wrote:

Thats the beauty of energizing the indicator/central door locking circuit, the door locks will pop open Wink Its quite impressive to see! Maybe your mates will all chip in and send you on a course Laughing

Saw an RAC man get into a mates brand new A3 in about 3 minutes, no broken windows.. even with deadlocks you would be surprised! I was!!!

I have done this as wel though and settled on driving 280 miles for hte spare keys as the A6 had heated rear quarter windows as well, sigh, the pains of having a good car!

monkeyboyuk
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

see that's what i was hoping to hear would have been an easy and cheaper solution!! thought there'd be a way to get in, just didn't know how. so how exactly do you do that???!!

ollieholt
Bandwidth Buster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:11 am Reply with quote Back to top

we have a little hand pump and air bag that slips between the door and car and open the top of the door to pull lock, press buttons etc. shame that didnt work it should have done. one word of warning!

if you need to smash a window, smallest isnt cheapest.

go for a DROP GLASS.

one that will move, these are the cheapest to replace the small bonded in quarter windows can be as much as £300-400 from some suppliers beware!

monkeyboyuk
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

cheers olli, as above i got it sorted by breaking the rear drivers window. £130 to replace which wasn't too bad i suppose

served me right for being such a muppet, but hey, guess what won't be happening again anytime soon!!!!

got the door open enough to get stuff down into it and was prodding the door release button and hooked round the door release handle on the door itself but nae luck!!

View next topic
View previous topic